Preventative Maintenance, Training and Field Service
Planned Inspection and Preventative Maintenance Services Protect Against System Failure and Business Interruption
Controllix Corporation has over 40 years of experience as a leading provider of power quality equipment. Our core business is to ensure that capacitor banks and harmonic filters provided to utility, industrial, commercial and institutional customers are meeting our customers’ expectations.
A greater level of confidence is evident among our customers who take advantage of our comprehensive field service capabilities. These customers enjoy improved protection from system failures, electrical fires, high voltage flashover and property damage which result in business interruption. Electrical failures are inevitable without preventive maintenance. Power factor penalties on a system that is out of calibration may cost a customer thousands of dollars per month. Since insurance companies record significant losses as a result of electrical failures, insurance providers are encouraging their customers to participate in electrical preventive maintenance. Properly maintained equipment will also last decades longer than a neglected system. Our clients confirm that a Controllix maintenance program pays for itself in a very short period of time.
Controllix professional support services are provided by factory-trained engineers and technicians and include the following:
- Assure that equipment will be kept in top operating condition.
- Choice of quarterly, biannual, annual or customized site visits to meet customer requirements.
- Comprehensive record-keeping required by many customers includes an electrical historical record that is provided to the customer and updated after every service visit.
- Required parts and/or supplies
- Turnkey service contracts available, including travel, expenses and materials.
Preventative Maintenance and Inspection Plans
- Custom-designed programs include affordable on-site inspection and maintenance of basic systems and components.
- Includes checking to see that all connections have been properly torqued, one of the most common sources of serious problems in older equipment.
- Technicians ensure that equipment meets stated KVAR output levels.
- All system components are inspected and verified for functionality including capacitors, fuses, switches, inductors, ground systems, control equipment, alarms, cables, filters, ventilation, heating and fail safe devices.
- Includes the general cleaning and maintenance described in the equipment instruction manual.
- Check to ensure safeguarding of proper clearances.
- Routine calibrations performed to make sure that system performance is within specified tolerances.
- Testing services that can be provided include: hi-potential testing, measurement of effective KVAR, ground system testing related to capacitor equipment, proper torquing of provided equipment, voltage and current diagnostics, distribution system power factor evaluation, power quality analysis, harmonic analysis and surge protection analysis.
Emergency or Scheduled Repair Services
- Prompt response when a situation arises.
- Field service engineers are trained professionals with the experience and know-how to get equipment up and running efficiently.
- State-of-the-art testing and support equipment.
- Services available 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week to provide reliable and efficient service.
- Costs of non-critical services can be pre-scheduled to minimize travel costs.
- 24 hour emergency response available on a limited basis.
Start-Up, Installation and Scheduled Services
- Startup of new installations and/or equipment can be provided at our regular rates or quoted as a fixed fee.
- Controllix engineers, skilled technicians and professional project managers travel the world to ensure the successful installation of power quality equipment.
- Equipment is tested to ensure that it meets all specified requirements for function and design.
- Test results may be used as a baseline for future maintenance.
- Project managers apply their extensive experience to successfully oversee the installation of low and medium voltage electrical equipment.
- Equipment installation coordinated with other site components for maximum performance and optimum results.
- Informative discussions benefiting operators, maintenance staff, engineers, supervisors and management.
- Full-range training covers protection, control and equipment safety.
- Consultation on how to energize, operate and de-energize capacitor equipment.
- Detailed review of maintenance procedures.
- Discussion of protective relays and controllers.
- Verification of equipment functionality.
- Training combines theory with practical application.
- With advancements in technology and design, it can be more cost effective to upgrade a current installation than to purchase all new equipment
- Contemporary protection relays and controllers can typically out-perform older versions in providing finer precision, improved reliability, and greater versatility often at less cost than simply maintaining older designs.
- Retrofit additions can enhance the power and flexibility of a substation for a very modest investment.